Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hijacked!

Hey everyone! Jax here. I am hijacking this blog. I told my mom she needs to do a better job at keeping up with my site. Not like she doesn't have anything else to do.

Let's see. Where do I begin? Oh yeah, my eye surgery. The week before thanksgiving I went to the hospital really early in the morning. Way before the crack of dawn. For those of you who know me, you know that I like to sleep in so my mom wasn't sure what kind of mood I was going to be in after waking me up so early. Of course we were a few minutes late for our check in and we got lost in the hospital and my mom had to ask for directions and this nice lady pointed us to the right place. After signing in around 6:50 am we had to wait in this tiny crowded room that was kind of smelly. Mom decided she was going to pick me up and hold me so I wouldn't get cranky. I love being held. I got so excited a let out a loud excited yell that scared my mommy half to death. It was so funny I did it a second time. It was the first time for me to make that kind of noise and I think I even surprised myself.

After waiting a really long time we were taken upstairs where they put us in a private room. My nurse came in to get me ready and change me into this not so cool gown and then this funny looking man came in to talk to mom and dad about giving me something to make me really sleepy. After the nurse was finished checking me over and probing me with all sorts of things another lady came with a really big bed with wheels on it. But my mom wouldn't let me ride on it cause she wanted to snuggle with me for some reason. I just wanted to take a spin on that thing.

That is the last thing I remember. Guess I fell asleep before they took me in to see the doc cause the next thing I know I woke up back in the room I started in with my same sweet nurse. My eyes were sore and puffy, I had this poky thing taped to my foot, I was hungry and mom and dad were standing over me just staring. I wasn't a happy camper. After being awake for about an hour and getting to eat my nurse took that poky thing out of my foot and my mom got me dressed in some really comfy clothes and we headed home.

For the next week I looked like I had been in a fight with a boy bigger than me. My right eye looked like a raw piece of meat and my left eye not much better. I didn't look so great but my mom said I was still her handsome little man.

It has been almost two weeks since my surgery and my eyes look a lot better! I go back to see my eye doctor on Friday so he can check out my eyes and see how they are doing. So far I think this surgery thing where they tightened my eye muscles has really helped me be able to see more clearly. I don't think mommy has two heads anymore. Now if I could just get my brain to do what I want it to do all will be well.

I had a really good Thanksgiving day with my mom, dad, sisters and nana and poppi. I decided to be sweet that day and give everyone a break. Mom was so happy.

This week I went back to the ortho clinic where this guy drew on my feet and legs with this funny blue pencil.  Then he used this metal thing and measured my feet and ankles. Before I knew it he was wrapping my feet and legs up like a mummy. It was really cool. My mom said he was making casts of my feet. After it dried he cut it off and wrote my name on it so they can make me some really cool braces for my feet. Mommy picked out these really cool aliens and spaceship design for my braces. I should get them before Christmas. Mom says they are suppose to help my feet stay straight when she puts me in my jumpy thing. My therapist, Andrea, said I need to be in my jumpy thing everyday so my legs can get stronger. I like it. It is nice not to be laying around on the floor all day trying to see what's going on. My sisters are crazy and I like to see what trouble they are getting into.

According to what the doctors have said about me I shouldn't be doing a whole lot but my family is out to prove them wrong. Hopefully I can defy the odds and show everyone how strong I really am.

1 comment:

  1. Our continued prayers are with Jax, and you, Misty and Jeremy. We still believe in miracles!! There is nothing too hard for God! We pray that His amazing work in little Jax will astound the doctors as he continues to improve. We pray that the promise of Phil 4:7 is with all of you.

    ReplyDelete